You agree that:
1. Online Rent Check, LLC is an Internet-based electronic payment service system designed to facilitate transactions between payers (“Payer”) and payees (“Payee”). Our responsibility is to (1) accept Payer’s payments electronically; (2) remit payment to the Payee; and (3) provide reporting and other ancillary services to facilitate items (1) and (2).
2. We are not and have not represented ourselves to be a real estate broker, property manager, leasing agent, collection agency, financial institution or to conduct any other service or engage in any other business other than the services set forth in Paragraph 1 above.
3. Any dispute between the Payer and Payee regarding amount or timing of payment and the like will be handled exclusively between the two parties. We intend only to provide a medium through which the Payee can collect, and Payer can remit payment for, due rents or other related fees electronically.
4. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User ID, password, renter code, financial information, and other personal data. You agree to notify us immediately if you notice unauthorized use of your password or account or rental code or any other breach of security.
5. We cannot and will not be liable for any damage or loss arising from any transaction completed or not completed using our service. You agree to be fully responsible for all actions taken under your password or account. We make no warranties regarding the quality, reliability, timeliness or security of the World Wide Web, the Internet and other globally linked computer networks.
6. We reserve the right, from time to time, and at our sole discretion, to request copies of written authorization from Payer as it relates to debits initiated by a party other than the Payer, and you agree to furnish any such copies at our request. We reserve this right for the purpose of ensuring that our users are utilizing our service in the intended and in a lawful manner. Nothing in this paragraph, however, shall be interpreted to expand our liability beyond what is set forth in this Agreement.
7. The fee structure is set forth on our website. We reserve the right to change our fee structure, with notice to all our users. Our fee collection will be done through a separate transaction from the underlying payments processed through our service. You authorize us to debit your registered account to pay for fees due us, in the manner and time described on our website. If our attempt to collect payment fails, we will continue to debit your account until payment in full is received. We reserve the right to charge an administrative fee of $5.00 for every repeated transaction.
8. Our website and all site design, including text, content, photographs, graphics, etc. is protected by patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the United States and other countries. Any use of materials on this web site without our prior written permission is prohibited.
9. We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the service with or without notice and without liability to you or any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Payment service. If we cease to exist or conduct business related to the service referred to in this Agreement, this Agreement will expire on its own terms.
10. Either you or we may cancel use of the service with or without cause at any time and effective immediately. You will remain liable for all outstanding payments and fees due at the time of the cancellation.
11. We have the right to change the content or technical specifications of any aspect of the service at any time at our discretion. You further accept that any such changes may result in your being unable to access the service.
12. By clicking on the "I agree to the terms above" check box during profile creation you are agreeing that you’re action constitutes an electronic signature that enters into a legally binding agreement with us for the services rendered within this Agreement. You agree that such action is the legal equivalent of a manually handwritten signature. You represent and warrant that you have read, acknowledged and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein. You further represent and agree that: (i) you have the power and authority to enter into this agreement; (ii) you are at least eighteen (18) years old; (iii) you will comply with all US laws regarding the transmission of any data obtained from the Payment service in accordance with the terms and conditions of service; (iv) you will not use the Payment service for illegal purposes, and (v) you will not interfere or disrupt networks connected to the Payment service.